University Pathway in Ontario
Please see the eINFO (Electronic Info) web site at https://www.ontariouniversitiesinfo.ca/ for University information including: programs, prerequisites, mark ranges, scholarship and bursary information. All information on this site is the most current and includes all possible University pathway options for students.
Timelines: Universities in Ontario 2020-2021
- Virtual Recruitment Sessions (September-November) – Please visit the NCVLE (grad class) for updates/links for the virtual sessions.
- Fall Open Houses– See individual schools for dates and times with alternative methods of delivery in regards to COVID restrictions.
- Ontario University Fair (OUF) & Regional Fairs are cancelled for this year. Please visit ontariouniversitiesfair.ca for further information.
- January 15, 2021 – Deadline for Ontario secondary school students to submit completed hardcopy and on-line applications to the OUAC.
- March Break and Spring Open Houses – See individual schools for dates and times/Alternative methods of delivery.
- May 27, 2021 – The latest date by which all secondary school applicants shall expect a response from an Ontario university. Such a response will be one of:
- an offer of admission;
- a refusal; or
- a deferral pending the receipt of specific additional information.
- June 1, 2021 – The earliest date by which Ontario universities may require a response to an offer of admission and a financial commitment of any kind (e.g., registration deposit, residence deposit) from an Ontario secondary school student. All other admissions-related elements, including scholarships, other forms of student assistance or financial incentives and offers of residence, are considered part of the offer of admission. Therefore, a student may accept these other offers prior to June 1, 2021 but Ontario universities shall not compel a student in any way to make an earlier decision.
University Pathway in other Canadian Provinces
Students considering University outside Ontario should visit: https://www.canadian-universities.net/Campus/Applications.html When applying to out of Province Universities, please see the specific institution site for admission and application dates and specifics. Please note that out of Province schools have their own admission fees, guidelines for prerequisite courses and timelines.
American University Pathway
Students considering University in the US should refer to the following site for American University/College Information:
Other Considerations for American University Pathway
- NCAA – Students seeking Athletic Scholarships for schooling in the US should visit the NCAA Clearinghouse web site (https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/) to begin the process for academic eligibility.
As this is a very detailed and involved process, anyone considering an athletic scholarship to the US should begin preparing academically in Grade 9 to ensure that all course selections are eligible for NCAA Division I & II schools. Please contact the school that is potentially recruiting you to ensure you are following admission protocol. Core Course worksheets are available.
Again, contact with the potential school regarding which test to write is most advisable.